Archive centreBarrow
ReferenceBA/FB
TitleFire Brigade (Fire Service)
DescriptionGeneral Log and Occurrence books
Date1890-1993
LanguageEnglish
ContextA voluntary fire brigade had been established in the town in 1866, which was taken over by the Borough Council the following year, and transferred to Cumbria in 1974 purpose-built premises in Abbey Road opened in 1912 and were finally replaced in 1997. Previous premises included a corner of the covered market in LAWSON ST. 1866-1878; two converted houses and shops at 17-18 HINDPOOL ROAD 1878-1887; an iron building, formerly the library in Duke Street 1887-1912. The brigade was controlled by the Borough Council Watch Committee.
Related materialSee also:- BDX/138/14 Programme for opening of Central Fire Station, 1912 with notes on history; 1909
Catalogue levelSubFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020