Archive centreBarrow
ReferenceBA/M
TitleMarkets and Halls department
DescriptionCash Books, Ledgers, Committees
Date1889-1969
LanguageEnglish
Extent13
ContextThe original indor covered market was built by James Garden in 1864, originally for the Furness Railway Company. It was replaced by a new Market Hall in 1971. The Public Hall was a name given to the original pre-1887 Town Hall when it was reconstructed after a fire in 1933. The Kings Hall and the Lesser Hall were former Wesleyan Methodist Mission Rooms, acquired in the mid 1950s. The Community Hall on Walney Island began as an inter-war development in temporary wooden huts, being replaced by a modern building in 1970
Catalogue levelSubFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020