Archive centreCarlisle
ReferenceDS 4
TitleCarlisle Grammar School
Description'Trinitas' school magazines (1881-1974)
Postcard (Valentines Series) of the Grammar School, c. 1890-1900
'The Carliol' Magazine, July 1943 with signatures of leavers on the cover; Speech Day programme, Nov 1944; Roll of Honour (first draft) Oct 1945
First World War biographies: photocopies of material. Individual files of the men commemorated on the Carlisle Grammar School World War 1 memorial (DS 4/105)
Addition to First World War research file (item DS 4/105) containing photographs and letters relating to Francis Richard Lowry Bell
Date1873-1978
ContextIn 1883 Carlisle Grammar School moved to Strand Road, into what is now the Carliol Building of the school, housing the Sixth Form Centre. As the movement towards comprehensive schools took shape, in 1968 the grammar school amalgamated with two local schools, the Margaret Sewell School (for girls) and the Creighton School (for boys), to become Trinity School, a Church of England comprehensive school, with all of the sites along Strand Road. Trinity School (formerly Carlisle Grammar School) is a large mixed secondary school and sixth form in Carlisle, Cumbria, for students aged 11 to 18. Since September 2011, it has been an academy.
Related materialDS5581
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019