Archive centreCarlisle
ReferenceTHOS 17
Alternative ref.THOS 88111
TitleDovenby Hall Colony, Cockermouth (from June 1949 known as Dovenby Hall Hospital)
DescriptionDovenby Hall Hospital was originally the responsibility of the Cumberland, Westmorland and Carlisle Joint Committee for the Mentally Defective. From 20 June 1949 this responsibility transferred to the Newcastle-upon-Tyne Regional Hospital Board (Special Area Committee for Cumberland and North Westmorland).

Appointment of the Official Trustees of Charitable Funds as trustees to receive the residue of the redemption stock to be issued as compensation for the extinguishment of rent charges in Redmain, Parish of Isel, of which the charity trustees were the estate owners, 1937
Minutes of the Cumberland and Westmorland Joint Committee for the mentally defective, 1919-1947
Records of the Hospital management committee, 1972-1978
Case register 1931-1951
Inventory for Cockermouth Cottage Hospital, 1958
Date1931-1951
Extent16 items
Access conditionsSome records after 1914 with personal details have restricted access for 100 years due to personal information within. Please ask staff for details if you would like access
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019