Archive centreKendal
ReferenceWDS 133
TitleKendal Nursery School
DescriptionSchool opened at Abbot Hall, 8th July 1946, 13 children admitted. Staff were Mrs Little (Headmistress), Maureen Bickerstaffe, Freda Dacre, Marjorie Gibson.
Moved to Howard Home, 2nd September 1957, 25 children present.
Moved to Brantfield, reopening 2 June 1958 with 53 children.

Log books, 1947-1988 (4); Managers' minute books, 1947-1985 (2); Admission registers, 1946-1990 (3); School attendance registers, 1986-1998 (78); photographs, cuttings and awards, 1960s-1990s; Modern Teaching Infant School Section 1936 Vol. 1 Ed. E. Blyton;

Propectus post, 1998; Progress File C, Moderation examples, undated; File of curriculum and record documentation from 1980's and 1990's, 1982-1998; Policy documents, 1997; File of Planning ideas, topics etc., 1997-1999; Scrapbook "Welcome to Kendal Nursery 2000-2001"; Class photgraphs, 1995-2009; 6 photo albums of events and activities, 1995-2003; Miscellaneous bundles of loose photographs, 1998-2003
Date1946-2009
Extent7 series
Access conditionsAdmission registers, log books and punishment books subject to 90 (Secondary), 93 (Juniors) and 97 (Infants) years closure
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsEducation
Schools
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020