Archive centreKendal
ReferenceWDS 4
TitleLittle Strickland School
Descriptionschool closed December 1976
Note: In 1681 Thomas Fletcher, a barrister and Recorder of Appleby, endowed a school in Little Strickland. The school moved to new premises in 1812 and its running was taken over by a school board in 1874.
Date1876-1977
Extent25 files
Access conditionsAdmission registers, log books and punishment books subject to 90 (Secondary), 93 (Juniors) and 97 (Infants) years closure
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsEducation
Schools

Show related place indexes

Places
CodePlace names
PAX158Little Strickland/Penrith/Little Strickland/West Ward/Westmorland
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019