Archive centreKendal
ReferenceWDS 53
TitleShap School
Descriptionincludes: log books, 1876-1962 (9)

Shap Parochial School was built in 1858 as a mixed school. In 1894, the girls were transferred to the Local Board School whilst the boys remained at the Parochial School, until 1956 when the schools were reorganised.
Date1876-1997
Extent39 files
Access conditionsAdmission registers, log books and punishment books subject to 90 (Secondary), 93 (Juniors) and 97 (Infants) years closure
Related materialsee also Wickersgill reference WDS 92.
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsEducation
Schools

Show related place indexes

Places
CodePlace names
PAX304Shap/Shap/West Ward/Westmorland
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020