Archive centreKendal
ReferenceWDS 63
TitleCrosby Garrett School
DescriptionN.B. There was a Grammar School in Crosby Garrett from the first half of the 17th century but the endowment was so small that by the end of the 19th century it was used to finance scholarships for children of the parish who attended the local elementary school. The latter was erected in 1894 by Crosby Garrett School Board and opened on 30th April 1895. It closed as Crosby Garrett County Primary School on 16th July 1980
See also WDX 882 [acc.H2888] for photographs of pupils and staff, including evacuees
Log book, 1895-1980 (2); Admission register, 1895-1980; Summary register, 1938-1947; Managers' minute book, 1903-1980 (3); "Poems by Rev. J. Bowstead, M.A. Vicar of Soulby, Westmorland", 1881; plans [undated]
Date1865-1980
Extent22 files
Access conditionsAdmission registers, log books and punishment books subject to 90 (Secondary), 93 (Juniors) and 97 (Infants) years closure
Related materialOther records relating to this school are deposited in the parish archives reference WPR 48
See also WDX 882 [H2888] for photographs of pupils and staff, including evacuees.
Also WDEC 31 [H3943] for Minute books 1894-1932, 1933-1981; account book 1892-1980; bank passbooks 1895-1955
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsEducation
Schools

Show related place indexes

Places
CodePlace names
PAX156Crosby Garrett/Crosby Garrett/East Ward/Westmorland
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020