Archive centreKendal
ReferenceWDS 64
TitleBarbon School
DescriptionA school was first erected in Barbon in 1815 by public subscription and assessment. This building, which adjoined the church, was replaced in 1867 by a neat Gothic structure built on a site given by Sir James Kay-Shuttleworth. An infants' classroom was added in 1906 at a cost of £300, and the school finally closed on 16 July 1982.
includes: Log book, 1927-1982 (2); admission register, 1895-1980 (2); stock and stores book, 1928-1964; punishment book, 1942-1943
Date1895-1982
Extent8 files
Access conditionsAdmission registers, log books and punishment books subject to 90 (Secondary), 93 (Juniors) and 97 (Infants) years closure
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsEducation
Schools

Show related place indexes

Places
CodePlace names
NA1413Barbon/Barbon/Lonsdale Ward/Westmorland
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020