Archive centreKendal
ReferenceWDS 65
TitleWinton School
DescriptionA school was first erected in Winton in 1659 through the efforts of the Reverend William Morland. It was rebuilt in 1862 and closed in 1981.
includes:
Log book, 1878-1981 (4); admission register, 1875-1981 (2); punishment book, 1907; Managers' minute book, 1964-1981; title deeds and papers, 19th/20th century
Date1875-1981
Extent12 files
Access conditionsAdmission registers, log books and punishment books subject to 90 (Secondary), 93 (Juniors) and 97 (Infants) years closure
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsEducation
Schools

Show related place indexes

Places
CodePlace names
PAX116Winton/Kirkby Stephen/East Ward/Westmorland
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020