Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDFCM 7
TitleWhitehaven United Methodist Free Chapels
ContextThis collection contains the records of both Free Methodist chapels, United Methodist chapels and United Free Methodist chapels. "United Methodist Free Churches was an English nonconformist community which merged into the United Methodist Church in 1907. The organisation was itself formed in 1857 by the amalgamation of the Wesleyan Association (which had in 1836 largely absorbed the Protestant Methodists of 1828) and the Wesleyan Reformers (dating from 1849, when a number of Wesleyan Methodist ministers were expelled on a charge of insubordination)." Wikipedia. Chapels were built in Bigrigg, Parton, St Bees and Egremont. In 1907 the United Methodist Free Church joined the Bible Christian Church and the Methodist New Connexion to form the United Methodist Church.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020