Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDS 13
TitleFrizington County School
Date1878-1939
ContextThis school was originally built by the Arlecdon and Weddicar United District School Board, and comprised Boys', Girls' and Infants' Departments, all of which opened on 19 August 1878. The Boys' and Girls' Departments were amalgamated as a Mixed School in January 1886, and after the retirement of the Infants' Department was absorbed into the Mixed School. Thereafter the school continued as an all-age school until the transfer of the senior pupils to the new Ehenside School at Cleator Moor in October 1958. In 1970 Frizington County School was reconstructed, which involved the temporary transfer of its pupils, and reopened in 1971, including pupils transferred from Frizington St Paul's School.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019