Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDS 24
TitleLamplugh Parochial/Church of England School
DescriptionThis mixed school was endowed in 1747 Richard Briscoe Esq; the original building was replaced by a new school in 1868 near Lamplugh Church. Due to a lack of investment in its buildings, the school was closed in October 1951 and its pupils and teachers were transferred to Lamplugh Council School, initially on a temporary basis; both schools were to maintain separate identities and records. However, by 1953 the Council School had lost its identity and the two schools became one.

These records were transferred from Carlisle Record Office
where they had the reference DS 12.
See YDS 59 for records of Lamplugh Council School.
See also DDI 24 and DDI 103
Date1867-1999
ContextItems 1-5 were deposited by Mr M Moore, Lamplugh School, 4 Dec 1970 (A.115). Items 6-8 were deposited 21 Jun 1977 (A1155 2nd accession). Items 9-14 were deposited by Mr K Hedley, head, 14 Jun 1982 (A1155 4th accession). All items were previously held as DS 12.
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsSchools

Show related name indexes

Persons
CodePerson/Corporate namesDates
NAX28Lamplugh Parochial School
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019