Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDS 59
TitleLamplugh and Kelton Board School, Kirklands
Date1878-1954
ContextThis mixed school, later known as Lamplugh Council School, was built in 1879 between Kelton and Rowrah (see 2nd edition Ordnance Survey sheet 68.2). In October 1951 pupils and teachers from Lamplugh Parochial School were transferred to it, initially on a temporary basis; both schools were to maintain separate identities and records. However, by 1953 the Board/Council School had lost its identity and the two schools became one.
Related materialSee also YDS 24 for Lamplugh Parochial Schhol and D/Di 24 &103
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsSchools

Show related name indexes

Persons
CodePerson/Corporate namesDates
NAX158Lamplugh and Kelton Board School
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019