Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDS 62
TitleEgremont Infant School
Date1855-1869
ContextBuilt by public subscription and opened in 1855 with Ruth Angell as mistress. (Discovering Egremont by E A Read and Slater's Directory 1879). The school closed in 1882 when the children were transferred to Bookwell. It re-opened in August 1897 to the benefit of children at the north end of the town. (Whitehaven News 5th August 1897). Presumably closed in 1905 following the opening of Central Infant's School.
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsSchools
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019