Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDS 74
TitleDerwent County Secondary School, Cockermouth
DescriptionDerwent County Secondary School was opened in September 1958 as part of the scheme to reorganise secondary education in the area and resulted in the closure of the temporary secondary school in Cockermouth, All Saints. Derwent School admitted all children aged 11+ from Cockermouth and the surrounding villages who were not going on to Cockermouth Grammar School and it subsequently became one of the first centres for Further Education in the area. Derwent School became Cockermouth School when it amalgamated with Cockermouth Grammar.
Date1960-1962
Extent2 items
Context Donated by Mr R Bower, Great Broughton; 6 October 2000
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsSecondary Schools
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019