Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYPR 47/4
TitleHycemoor Church of England School, Bootle
ContextHycemoor School was an ancient institution (YPR 47/4/4/3), formally mentioned for the first time in 1796. It was sustained by the support of a Trust Fund. With the addition of Captain Shaw's School, at 2 miles' distance, two schools served the local parishes. The school closed at the end of the summer term 1991.
Catalogue levelSubFonds
Subject termsChurch of England
Denominational Schools
Parish records

Show related place indexes

Places
CodePlace names
PAX172Bootle/Cumberland
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020