Place codePAX321
Full place name entryKings Meaburn/Kings Meaburn/Morland/West Ward/Westmorland
Place NameKings Meaburn
Area1Kings Meaburn
Area2Morland
Area3West Ward
Area4Westmorland
Grid RefNY6221

Show related catalogue records

Catalogue
ReferenceTitleDescriptionDateArchive centre
WDB 135/1/512Kings Meaburn: Sideway Bank FarmSideway Bank Farm, near Kings Meaburn, comprising dwelling house, garden, orchard, buildings and land.

Field Names: Low Bottom, Sideway Bank Top, Little Leazes, Low Birks, Noble Birks, High Bottom, Rough Hill, Limekiln Field, New Close, Town Lands, High Field, Kings Ing, Mains, Grisel Brow, Wilson Bottom and Wharton Top, Greyber, Hayberries, Kings Inns, Outgang, High Ground, Salkeld Allotment.

Purchaser: Mr. Airey, Wickerfield.
Occupiers: Messrs. J. & W. Wilson.

No plans.

Part customary tenure.
1920Kendal
WDS 47King's Meaburn SchoolKing's Meaburn School was built in 1831 and enlarged in 1907. It closed in July 19831831-1983Kendal
WDB 135/1/108Kings Meaburn and Morland: Yew Tree House Farm.Yew Tree House Farm, Kings Meaburn, dwelling house, farm buildings, orchard and close of meadow land. Also two cottages in High Street, Morland.

Tenants: Mr. John Davisdon, Mr. F. Newton, Mr. P. W. Barker.
Purchasers: Mr. G. Stockdale, Thorpe Tirril; Mr. R. J. Addison, King's Meaburn; Mr. J. W. Armstrong, Morland.

Sold by Order of the Executors of Mr. Rueben Graves, Deceased.

No plans.
1936Kendal
WDB 135/1/745Kings Meaburn: Orchard House FarmOrchard House Farm, Kings Meaburn, comprising dwelling house, farm buildings and land, plus several enclosures of land near Kings Meaburn. Sold by order of the trustees of Mr. R. J. Dent, deceased.

Tenants: John Nicholson

Field names: School Field, Relands Close and Wood, Hungriggs, Thackenber, High and Low Flatts, Field House, Hart, New Close, Limekiln Field, Cliburn Moss, Low Close, High King's Ing, Low King's Ing, Habar, Layer Bottom.

Freehold and customary tenure.
1914Kendal
WDB 35/1/136Shap and Kings MeaburnShap Rigg Hall Farm. Accommodation land, pasture and inclosures. No plans.
Owner not named. Freehold and customaryhold.

Kings Meaburn Dwelling house beside the school. Bean Hole Close near Wickersfield Farm. No plans.
Owner not named. Freehold and customaryhold.
28 Jun 1897Kendal
WDB 135/1/124Morland and Crosby Ravensworth: Sideway Bank FarmSideway Bank Farm, near King Meaburn, in parishes of Crosby Ravensworth, comprising dwelling house, farm buildings and land.

Sold by Order of the Executors of the late Mr. Thomas Airey.
Property shown by Mr. J. R. Airey, Sideways Bank, Kings Meaburn
Purchaser: Mr. William Doherty, The Retory, Ormside.
Field Names: Low Bottom, Sideways Bank Top, Little Leazes, Low Birks, Noble Birks, High Bottom, Rough Hill, Limekiln Field, New Close, Town Lands, High Field, Kings Ing, Mains, Grisel Brow, Wilson Bottom, Wharton Top, Hayberries, Greyber, Salkeld Allotment.
1936Kendal
WDKILV/2/1/3Manuscript extract from The History of WestmorlandMade by Thomas Ewbancke, from The History of Westmorland by Joseph Nicholson and Richard Burn LL.D describing a decree defining the custom of the manors of Burgham, Appleby, Burgh under Stainmore, Pendragon, Kirkby Stephen, Sowerby nigh Burgh, Winton, King's Meaburn, Langton, Mallerstang, Knock, Sowerby East Stanemore, South Stanemore, Scattergate and Burrels, Woodside, Moorhouses, Bondgate, Burgh Over and Burgh Nether; also concerning the chapel and school of Stainmore.1820 (1777)Kendal
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019