Place codePAX615
Full place name entryWitherslack/Beetham/Kendal Ward/Westmorland
Place NameWitherslack
Area2Beetham
Area3Kendal Ward
Area4Westmorland
Grid RefSD4384

Show related catalogue records

Catalogue
ReferenceTitleDescriptionDateArchive centre
WDRC/8/228Witherslack tithe map and apportionment22 Feb 1845Kendal
WDX 1249Witherslack SchoolExcercise book of George Postlethwaite, Witherslack School.1837Kendal
WDB 35/1/105Crosthwaite and Lyth, Levens, Meathop and Ulpha, Witherslack.Levens High Foulshaw Farm, Middle Foulshaw Farm, Low Foulshaw Farm, Ulpha Farm, Summerhill Farm. With plans.
Owned by Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries. Freehold.

Also: Crosthwaite and Lyth High Foulshaw Farm, Middle Foulshaw Farm, Low Foulshaw Farm.

Also: Meathop and Ulpha Middle Foulshaw Farm, Low Foulshaw Farm, Ulpha, and Summerhill Farm.

Also: Witherslack High Foulshaw Farm, Middle Foulshaw Farm, Low Foulshaw Farm, Summerhill Farm.
15 Jan 1858Kendal
BDHJ/132Estate papers, title deeds and income tax papersEstate papers of Reverend John Stackhouse of Stainforth, died 1893; Mr and Mrs Walker; Mabel Routledge, died 1941. Papers of W M Farrer of Whitbarrow Lodge, Witherslack, including title deeds 1940s.1899-1940sBarrow
WDEC 9Dean Barwick's Charity, WitherslackAccounts and administrative papers of the charity (including apprenticeship) Some deeds.17th - 20th centuryKendal
WDSTANStanley Family of WitherslackWitherslack estate belonged to the Earls of Derby and Witherslack Hall was built in 1874 by Paley and Austin as a hunting Lodge for the 15th Earl. It passed to Oliver Stanley the younger son of the 17th Earl, Edward George Villiers Stanley in the early 20th century. The family moved from Witherslack Hall to Halecat House, a 19th century Webster style house on the estate, after the second world war and Witherslack Hall became a special school in the 1980's.
The family records relate mostly to Michael C Stanley though there are some of Oliver Stanley, his father. The content concerns the Witherslack estate, including Halecat House, various other properties, farming, the Winster Valley Preservation Society and family papers. The personal papers of both Oliver and Michael Stanley include public, political and business material as well as personal and domestic matters
20th centuryKendal
WQ/AH/27Highway Diversions: Witherslack Hall EstateDiversion of highways, Witherslack Hall Estate: Plan by John Banks, surveyor, of Kendal (scale 100 yards to 1½ inches), 1872; Consent of the Hon. Frederick Arthur Stanley, landowner, 16 May 1872;

Notice from landowner to Surveyors of Highways, 16 May 1872;

Notice from Churchwardens to convene vestry meeting, 19 May 1872;

Copy of minutes of vestry meeting, 24 May 1872;

Notice from Chairman of vestry to Surveyors of Highways, undated;

Notices, 21 June 1872 (2 copies); Copies of the Kendal Mercury, containing required notice, 22 June 1872, 29 June 1872, 6 July 1872, 13 July 1872;Deposition of Witnesses, 21 August 1872;Certificate of 2 Justices (with additional copy of plea), 21 August 1872;

Order, 19 October 1872;

Certificate of 2 Justices on completion, 11 February 1890.
1872-1890Kendal
WDFAFarrer Family of Witherslack1591-2004Kendal
WDB 35/1/104Dallam Tower Estate, Crosthwaite and Lyth, Levens, Meathop and Ulpha, WitherslackLevens Part of Dallam Tower Estate, High Foulshaw Farm, Middle Foulshaw Farm, Low Foulshaw Farm, Ulpha Farm, Summerhill Farm, Sporting and Manorial rights. No plans.
Owner late Sir Maurice Bromley-Wilson. Freehold.

Also: Crosthwaite and Lyth Dallam Tower Estate: High Foulshaw.

Also: Meathop and Ulpha Dallam Tower Estate: Ulpha, Summer Haill and Cragg Cottage and wood.

Also: Witherslack Dallam Tower Estate: High Foulshaw Farm, Middle Foulshaw Farm, Low Foulshaw Farm, Summer Hall Farm.
22 Jun 1849Kendal
WDS 13Witherslack Dean Barwick Endowed Schoolincludes: attendance registers, 1854-1895; sundry registers, 1823-1944; school returns, 1902-1906; examination papers, 1904-1907; school records, 1856-19381823-1944Kendal
WDS 11Witherslack Sandford Schoolincludes photographs; admission register 1917-1968; attendance registers, 1946-1968; school diary, 1946-1965

Sandford School was founded at Blundellsands, Liverpool in 1860; it moved to Whitbarrow Lodge, Witherslack in 1940 and to Whitherslack Hall in 1945 where it remained until it's closure in 1968
1917-1968Kendal
WDRC/6/77/2Witherslack bishops' transcripts1706-1707; 1712-1713; 1715-17211706-1721Kendal
WDRC/6/77/3Witherslack bishops' transcripts1721-1730Kendal
WDRC/6/77/1Witherslack bishops' transcripts1694-1697; 1699-1700; 1702-1703; 1705-17061694-1706Kendal
WDRC/6/77/4Witherslack bishops' transcripts1731-1740Kendal
WDRC/6/77/5Witherslack bishops' transcripts1741-1750Kendal
WDRC/6/77/6Witherslack bishops' transcripts1751-1760Kendal
WDRC/6/77/7Witherslack bishops' transcripts1761-1770Kendal
WDRC/6/77/8Witherslack bishops' transcripts1771-1780Kendal
WDRC/6/77/9Witherslack bishops' transcripts1780-1785Kendal
WDRC/6/77/10Witherslack bishops' transcripts1786-1790Kendal
WDRC/6/77/11Witherslack bishops' transcripts1791-1795Kendal
WDRC/6/77/12Witherslack bishops' transcripts1796-1800Kendal
WDRC/6/77/13Witherslack bishops' transcripts1801-1805Kendal
WDRC/6/77/14Witherslack bishops' transcripts1806-1812Kendal
WDRC/6/77/15Witherslack bishops' transcripts1813-1820Kendal
WDRC/6/77/16Witherslack bishops' transcripts1821-1825Kendal
WDRC/6/77/17Witherslack bishops' transcripts1826-1835Kendal
WDRC/6/77/18Witherslack bishops' transcripts1836-1840Kendal
WDRC/6/77/19Witherslack bishops' transcripts1841-1855Kendal
WDRC/6/77/20Witherslack bishops' transcripts1855-1866Kendal
WDRC/6/77/21Witherslack bishops' transcripts1866-1887Kendal
WQ/RI/95Inclosure Award: Witherslack Witherslack Inclosure. Act: 18151829Kendal
WQ/RLT/Kendal/52Kendal Ward: WitherslackWitherslack [Beetham parish]; 1773, 1793, 1809, 1823, 1830, 18311773-1831Kendal
WDX 513/7Accounts of Thomas Pearson of Poolbank, constable of WitherslackWith part transcript1644Kendal
WDX 513/1Award and arbitration of Witherslack manor courtas to hanging of gates, making of Dykes, and inclosure and division of a close called Stubing by George Pearson, John Perason, Peter Crosfield, and Robert Atkinson, tenants of Poolbank14 Feb 1601Kendal
WDX 513/2Conveyance1. Peter Crosfield of Witherslack, tailor, son of Thomas Crosfield, deceased
2. John Champney of Meathop, yeoman
Premises: three cowgrasses or cowgates at the Knyckles, Witherslack
24 Nov 1609Kendal
WDX 513/3Conveyance1. Myles Dawson of Witherslack, innholde
2. John Pearson, yeoman
Premises: one cowgrass or cowgate in a close of pasture ground at Witherslack called the Knykles
12 Dec 1624Kendal
WDX 513/4Release1. Thomas Pearson of Poolbank
2. Thomas Bowes
Premises: during the life of Thomas Bowes and the widowhood of Marrian his wife, of one third part of a messuage at Lawewood, Witherslack, which was conveyed on 29 Jan 1625 to Thomas Pearson by Thomas Bowes of Witherslack, husbandman, John Bowes, eldest son of the said Thomas, Margerie Bowes, wife of the said John Bowes, and Edwine Taylor of Cartmell Fell
3 Aug 1625Kendal
WDX 513/8Conveyance1. John Pearson
2. Thoma Pearson
Premises: Couemire [Cowmire] a parcel of land near Lowwood, Witherslack
31 Mar 1673Kendal
WDX 579/15Printed enclosure act - Witherslack25 May 1815Kendal
WDX 600/2Copy case for the opinion of counsel, Mr F G Thomas, in Helsington, Underbarrow, and Levens drainage, and Crosthwaite and Lyth, Witherslack and Meathop and Ulpha drainage v. Furness Railway Company31 Jan 1918Kendal
WDX 785/1Scheme for management and regulation of the charity of Dr John Barwicke in the township of Witherslack, ... and the application of the income thereof; approved by order of High Court13 Jun 1885Kendal
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020